WORLINGHAM CEVC PRIMARY SCHOOL, BECCLES
Like a tree firmly planted by streams of living water, we will grow in knowledge, love faith and wisdom. Based on Psalm 1:3.
Thank you for taking the time to find out more about our school. Where you decide to have your child educated is a very important decision.
At our school we pride ourselves on being able to look after the individual needs of all pupils. Our school was inspected by Ofsted in June 2018. We are proud of the content of the report which can be accessed through the Inspection Report tab at the top of our website page.
This is an outstanding school
- The headteacher leads this school with drive and rigour. Her vision for the school is fully supported by staff, governors, pupils, parents and carers.
- All staff share an understanding of what constitutes the best possible teaching. This is evident in the quality of learning and in the high standards that pupils achieve across the school.
- Governors are well informed and know the school very well. They offer school leaders high-quality support and are ready to challenge performance across all areas of school life.
- Parents are extremely positive about the school and recognise its significant contribution to their children’s enhanced learning and wellbeing.
- Pupils’ behaviour in lessons and around school is exemplary. The consistent approach by all staff means that pupils always know what is expected of them throughout the school day.
- Pupils who have special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities achieve well because support is effective and well managed.
- Safeguarding procedures are highly effective, all staff understand their roles and responsibilities. The overwhelming majority of pupils feel safe and well cared for while at school.
- The excellent early years provision ensures that all children have a good start to their education. They join Year 1 as confident and independent learners with a secure grounding in early number and language skills.
- Phonics teaching is effective, pupils use their understanding of letters and sounds well in their reading. The school successfully promotes a love of books across all ages.
- Pupils value their learning and enjoy coming to school. Attendance is above national and regional averages. The leadership team has worked closely with parents and the local authority to maintain the very low rate of persistent absenteeism.
- Teachers and support staff are encouraged to reflect on and discuss their own practice. They are provided with excellent opportunities for professional development. This means that the quality of provision for pupils is always improving.
I hope our website answers your immediate questions. If you would like to arrange a visit or have any queries please make an appointment. I look forward to meeting you soon.
Mrs Vicky O’Brien